Thursday, July 24, 2008

Chaos Theory

In math chaos theory states that one little effect that has been changed
in an initial state or an event that takes place can create a totally
different outcome, setting off a chain reaction or popularly known
as a butterfly effect.

Examples of chaos theory are more common with elements that have no
self-will such as weather or climate.

There are some many factors that might effect the weather from
water currents, to humans polluting the environment to an urban city
absorbing heat from the sun.
There so many factors involved as seen as chaos,
a computer system can never measure
chaos theory for it is governed by rules and can never simulate chance.

For example, the source of a tornado could start
with a butterfly flapping it’s wings.
Weather doesn’t have a mind of it’s own and
rather acts on scientific principles,
chaos theories outcomes can be calculated if
all variables are known or are close to the source.
The process that happens or is experience along the way
is conceded to be random or chaos.

Here’s an example of a Dynamic Geomag: Choas Thoery simulation:


The explanation I have given isn’t a complete scientific summary on
chaos theory but rather my personal understanding of it.
I want to revolve around this concept for the duration of journey
(as I believe in chance) and have it at the core of my process.

Keeping my self-will very neutral and only gathering direction as
I voyage towards this star that I’m trying to find that is me.
My creative process has always had a sense of randomness in it
and I’ve stumbled upon ideas through process that have completely
changed the end result, making it quiet accidental.

I’m taking it easy at home.
Enjoying it.
All here by myself, not distractions.
Good 4 journey as I need 2 find out what I’m all about
Its what this project is all about and what I need 2 express
I’ve scraped all the work that I’ve done 4 journey

...old cement...

....and started again as the concrete in the mixer has set.
Need 2 start again. :)

I’m gonna make it quiet random
Going with chaos theory or accidental design and creative though.
I start with birth.

Anything that catches my interest or I’m inspired by I’ll collect.

Sparking off ideas and a trail of thought.
Progressively going through the years and
the big spark was when I was 11 and got my own pc.
(Even if that has any relevance at all)

That’s when I realized I was a creative being.
As I don’t like drawing or fine art, rather pc generated
Even till the age of 17 loved watching cartoons.

The project is about creating a narrative 2 my life and creativity.

Well it actually isn’t.

It’s about a journey so that’s my journey.

A creative one.
And a journey 4 me flows,
It’s never ending. ;)

The never ending story :D
So the x5 videos I’m making with flow into each other,
but naturally.

Now here’s an example:

That video I made of all the houses I stayed in ends
with me holding my cellphone in-front of the camera,
That’s the end of video one.

Number 2 starts the by zooming into the
cellphone screen typing an SMS or
the message getting set via wireless,
there’s motion and flow but at the same time its quiet random,
chaos in a sense, “chaos theory :P”

No comments: